hiphop

KToWn

ok ok. I was going to keep it to myself but fuck it i will share.i am playing this song non-stop in my car. NEW 2013 prodigy. On an alchemist beat. perfect as always.

Funny thing was. i was reading the comments of the youtube vid. I kept reading 'frankie boyle brought me here' i was like wtf? so i done my own bit of research and yes he posted this song on his twitter page the day it came out! they do hip hop thursday or some shit on twitter (fuck knows im not a tweeter). Frankie boyle knows good music!. I saw him once in tottenham court rd. He looked like a tramp (keepin it real lol), he's a big fucking guy though.Anyway sick song. Off new album coming out called 'albert einstein',which is produced exclusively by A L C. cant wait for that shit to drop. respect if you already know this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsoMlfZAFY

• Like 3

I always found Shyheim an interesting rapper. He was Ghostface Killahs cousin and lived with members of Wu Tang in Stanton where he grew up. His first album came out at the mere age of 14 and he got quite a lot of hype from Big Daddy Kane. Things turned bad in his later life and he was involved in a brawl in a nightclub which left him with countless stitches in his face after he was hit with a bottle. He later went on the run after committing a gun crime and Wu Tang said they would not be involved with him if this was the case, in fear of jeopardising their image and career. His later albums were pretty disappointing and it was rumored that RZA wrote the lyrics for his first album which would account for the clever wordplay he used for such a young age. Anyways here's the first single he ever bought out, pretty dope IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBEvKyTDul

Yes Zion ,love a bit of madlib. Madvillian album was dope, loved this beat

This beat makes me wanna explode with happiness on a summer day with a fatty of your own herb bunnin

e2a. The whole moment of truth album is epic actually, one of the head turners for me as a young hip hop fan when it came out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTn9PWMGumo

Edited by WeedIsFree
  • Like 3

This beat makes me wanna explode with happiness on a summer day with a fatty of your own herb bunnin

e2a. The whole moment of truth album is epic actually, one of the head turners for me as a young hip hop fan when it came out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTn9PWMGumo

Agreed with your sentiments about Moment Of Truth! Finding Gang Starr seemed as prolific as the meaning of life when i was younger. I remember hearing "Work" for the first time and thinking to myself "Now this is real Hip Hop"!

Here's a tune that i'll be smoking many fatties to this Summer. I love Redmans first 3 albums! Straight up head nodding bizness and his subject matter and style is always brilliant :)

• Like 3

Yeah I was lucky enough to see MF Doom last year. Guys got skills!

lucky fucker, ive always wanted to see doom live. i went to the dam in 2001 to see him play the melkweg but he cancelld last minute, apparently he was scared to fly after 9/11 and didnt leave the states again for a lot of years because of his fear of flying

who remembers this old doom track, it was banned for years because of the record cover

and dooms old rapping partner subroc (RIP)

• Like 1

what about mf grimm? any grimm fans? mf grimm is another rapper with a colourful history, he was a 1980s manhattan drug kingpin, one of the biggest apparently. his reign as drug kingpin was brought to an abrupt end in the early 90s when his home was ambushed, grimms brother was killed and grimm was shot 7 times and left blind, deaf and paralyzed. he recovered from the deafness and blindness but is still in a wheelchair and to top it off he was arrested and jailed for a lot of years for his part in the shootings (all the intruders were killed)

grimm was also gunned down in the late 80s when he was on his way to record a verse for main sources 'live at the bbq' the track that launched nas and akinyeles hip hop careers, the verse he had written for live at the bbq later appeared on his first solo 12" 'the grim reaper - so whacha want n___a'

a damn skillfull mc who has a lot of ties with mf doom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxAxLPhWf8

• Like 2

a couple of tracks from w.c. imo one of the best west coast rappers, he was a member of low profile in the 80s, then maad circle in the early 90s, then later joined forces with icecube to form west coast connection.

unlike icecube and most other gangster rappers wc was a real gang member who commanded a lot of respect in la. his 80s rap career with low profile was cut short when dj alladin sacked him from the group for continuously getting jailed.

one of the original west coast rappers who helped spawn the gangster rap genre, the g funk genre and also played a big part in the east coast, west coast war (i aint a fan of his stuff after maad circle, had no time for the east coast west coast rubbish)

ive had the pleasure of seeing wc live twice, he toured europe supporting ice cube in 1991, and again in 1993 with icecube and the grave diggaz. on the 1993 tour ice cube, wc and rza did several nwa tracks with wc and rza rapping eazy e and mc rens verses, fucking great to see live although the gig was cut short cause some glasgow ned got happy with a nife and stabbed a couple of people :spliff:

low profile - funky song, awesome scratching from dj alladin

the maad circle - aint a damn thing changed (featuring a young coolio)

• Like 1