hiphop

KToWn

Similar feelings toward Jay myself Zion, early stuff I can do purely because of the producers he worked with. Find him a bit too one dimensional for me since 2000 though.

Classic. e2a. play this one to Drake lol

Edited by WeedIsFree
  • Like 2

heres some very early jay-z with his old rap mentor the jazz (jaz-o), think this is from 1990 but they were making hip hop together since around 86, jaz-o was rapping long before jayz and now spends most of his time hating on jay-z, i guess he's jelous cause he got left behind.

prince paul production (de la souls producer)

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 2

heres some very early jay-z with his old rap mentor the jazz (jaz-o), think this is from 1990 but they were making hip hop together since around 86, jaz-o was rapping long before jayz and now spends most of his time hating on jay-z, i guess he's jelous cause he got left behind.

prince paul production (de la souls producer)

I'll try find and get a pic but a mate of mine has a vinyl of one of the first tracks featuring Jay-z, was one of those funny happy hip hoppy tunes they only made in the late 80's/early 90's

Just reminded me of the pic and how funny it is to see Jay z today compared to back then

• Like 1

i was looking for a freshco and miz video to post up here and i just stumbled accross this documentary on them, i never knew this existed, im gonna fill my bong and sit down and watch this. freshco and miz were a seriously overlooked duo from the late 80s, these guys were a real hip hop duo, no manufactured bollox. freshco won award after award in rap competitions in the 80s and dj miz won the dmcs a few times so they teamed up and released a few records, basically they never got a big record deal and faded away but the few records they did releases are fucking shit hot. these two were way ahead of thier time, miz's scratching is top notch and freshcos rapping is very technical for its time,

heres the documentary which will be well worth watching if hip hop (circa 1990) interests you

freshco and miz - we dont play (great rapping and amazing scratching skills)

• Like 1

Drake is one seriously corny and talentless waste! Shame thats the kinda rappers who hit the charts these days! Like Zion said i'm "About to get this place back on track!" and post some REAL hiphop ;)

• Like 1

@Zion and Shogun. Nice Jay-Z posts, i would have picked similar tunes myself! I only really digged his earlier stuff (although i do like the beat from "Aint No Love"). For me he never really progressed to a better rapper after his first couple of albums, which was a shame as i did like his style at one point.....definitely only in small doses though!

@WIF. Nice to see some love for Masta Ace. That "Block Episode" tune is one of my favorite story tracks off all time!

• Like 1