hiphop

KToWn

my man oxygen, over the years oxygen has sorted me out with many hard to find records from over the pond, hes a good bloke and he's finaly put together a video for his 'gone diggin' track, nice old school feel to this track

and some upcoming music from oxygen, under the name 'soundsci - the ultimate ep', again very old school sounding

https://soundcloud.com/#worldexpo/ultimate-ep-snips

e2a, cant seem to get soundcloud links to show up properly since they changed the soundcloud website :unsure:

Edited by Shogun

Going back to shoguns rack!

Ultra magnetic mc's- poppa large

heres the official video pablo, possibly my fav track of all time

masters of illusion - bay bronx bridge (kool keith and motion man) from around 2001, paying homage to boogie down productions and late 80s new york hip hop, cracking video lol

• Like 1

DMX - CRITICAL CONDITION (ultra rare 1991 NY rap)

:D

theres a story to that dmx track. dmx recorded an album called 'spell bound' around 1990, his style on that album was very different to his later releases, he basically spelled out a shit load of stuff in his lyrics. just before the album was meant to drop another rapper called k-solo released an album called 'spellbound' where he stole dmx's style and some of his lyrics, also spelling everything as he rapped. anyway the dmx album was shelved and a couple of years later he came back with the style he's known for, basically a rough shouting kind of style.

the original dmx spellbound tracks got a limited vinyl release last year on the 'diggers with gratitude' record label, i believe there was only about 30 copies pressed

heres the original dmx spell bound and the ksolo spellbound, you can clearly hear that ksolo stole that rapping style and lyrics from dmx, ksolos album was very popular at the time

dmx - spellbound (not the best copy)

k-solo - spellbound

• Like 3

one of the 30 copies of the rare dmx - spellbound ep, currently sitting on my record shelf :stoned:

gallery_6671_3891_77001.jpg

one day i'll look out some of my rarer pieces of vinyl and some lovely picture disks and post some pics up here, unfortunately my vinyl is very disorganised just now and its a mammoth task trying to find certain pieces :spliff:

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 5

Top tunes Shogun :yep: Your knowledge of the scene goes way past mine bro! Must be a few years older than me :P

i was an obsessive hip hop vinyl collector for years. around about 2005 i lost internet access for a couple of years and stopped buying vinyl (a blessing in disguise for my bank balance). i now only buy vinyl when an un missable piece turns up (like that dmx record) nowadays my obsession is cannabis and growing and rather than spending all my spare time hanging around hip hop vinyl forums and watching the vinyl auctions on ebay i spend it hanging around uk420 getting just as nerdy but with strain lineage and growing techniques instead.

ive picked up a lot of useless nerdy knowledge on hip hop and vinyl over the years, unfortunately i have no one to share it with. kind of similar to the knowledge ive picked up on weed and growing. if i was to share my cannabis knowledge with people in the real world it would be obvious i was a grower and id land myself in trouble, if i was to share my nerdy hip hop knowledge with others i would more than likely bore the living daylights out of them. so every time i post a video up here it comes hand in hand with a bit of useless information from a recovering hip hop nerd vinyl junkie.

one day soon i'll organise my collection and post some pics of some classic and rare bits of vinyl :dj:

• Like 4