hiphop

KToWn

i picked up young zee's new album the other day. he's been releasing albums for a lot of years, ive never paid any attention to him until his newest album 'one crazy weekend', a friend told me to check it out, so i did and its a great album, takes me right back to 92-93, its got an early wu tang / souls of mischief sound to it.

another album im listening to just now is 'killer mike - rap music', this isnt my usual kind of hip hop, im not the biggest fan of grimey dirty south hip hop and i dont usually go for rappers with names like killer mike but this album is good, not thuggish like i expected, guess i shouldnt judge a rapper by his name.

i have the new public enemy 'the evil empire of everything' and showbiz and ag 'mugshot music' to check out, got both albums the other day but havent listened to them yet.

all in all i think 2012 was the best year for new hip hop releases in a while, public enemy, grand invinsible, nas, el-p, murs, rhyme force most illin, first serve, prince paul, showbiz and ag, killer mike, young zee, mikah 9, craig g. :stoned:

• Like 2

Here's something for ya'll to blaze with!

OH btw, just a fact for ya'll stoners to read up on!

Krayzie Bone smoked bud until both of his lungs collapsed... That's damn dedication right there! :bong:

Not sure if it's been posted before as i've only just seen this thread and it's too long to read through.

Cheers tico.

This is the UK hiphop I can get into. Someone on the Youtube comments wrote that this should have been the 2012 Olympic London theme song. Good call I say :stoned:

Roots Manuva - 'Witness the Fitness'

• Like 3

Krayzie Bone smoked bud until both of his lungs collapsed... That's damn dedication right there! :bong:

So did my brother but he's a knob.

This is Eazy-E with Radio. It's from the first album i ever bought (on vinyl) and i still have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1yrHzAcz4&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CQLd4nM69cUsVYzkst5YHk

Cheers tico.

• Like 3

This is Eazy-E with Radio. It's from the first album i ever bought (on vinyl) and i still have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1yrHzAcz4&feature=share&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CQLd4nM69cUsVYzkst5YHk

Cheers tico.

nice choice mate, eazy duz it was onld fav of mine back in high school, i have it on vinyl somewhere too :stoned:

Tried to upload a pic of that and straight outa compton a wile ago but computor says no.

Cheers tico.

Eta.

gallery_44710_5684_158349.jpg

Edited by tico cervantes
  • Like 5

Hahah not too sure if I should laugh or not :rofl:

nice choice mate, eazy duz it was onld fav of mine back in high school, i have it on vinyl somewhere too :stoned:

Old-School rap is still my fav all the way from 1980s and still going strong, only few rappers are about and actually hold their ground.. Unfortunately there is no way you'll turn on a radio in UK or anywhere else (LA, Cali excluded) and hear anything good.. Nowadays we got Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne and rest of these aliens. :alien:

I haven't got a fucking clue where these mystery bitches came from? ~Eddie Griffin~

That's all.. That's all.

• Like 1

i own one or two hip hop records, mostly from 1986 to 1996

gallery_6671_3891_44721.jpg

gallery_6671_3891_224684.jpg

Nice one. :dj:

Got a similar size pile of records but only about 1/5th of them are hip hop.

Cheers tico.

• Like 2