hiphop

KToWn

Yes Shogun ,ultramag selections and a great headsup.

Cheers for reminding me about caveman too, another cassette tape worn out on the ol walkman back in the day.

What a use of a jimi lick too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ521p17DTE

"created rap music cos i never dug disco" :dj:

does anyone remember a series of mixtapes (late 90s-early 00s) from Notts(?) called 'see no evil' - brilliant 80s real rap music (lots of Paul C-esque production styles)??

Edited by ramblingmadman

does anyone remember a series of mixtapes (late 90s-early 00s) from Notts(?) called 'see no evil' - brilliant 80s real rap music (lots of Paul C-esque production styles)??

yeah ive got all 3 of them, dj ivory - hear no evil vol 1-3, those mix cds sell for tripple figures now and some of the tracks on the mixes sell for up to $2000. in the late 90s ivory hooked me up with quite a few of the records featured on those mixes, thier now worth silly money. ivory is a good man, he's in a group called the p-brothers. there was a competition came with the hear no evil cds, if you could name all the tracks you won a load of the records featured on them, it took over a year for anyone to figure out what all the tracks were.

paul c is one of the most under rated hip hop producers of all time, when he was murdered hip hop changed direction for the worse

Edited by the_shogun
  • Like 1

Nice nice nice

keynell man, amaazing those cds are worth such money . I definitely have the first 2 , but vaguely remember not being so into the 3rd one on my listen , so i dont think i bought it .

Funny you mention Ivory - I have/had a mate who was also in touch with him around those times , and who was also dropping /lots/ of money on those 'raer' 12"s - in fact Im pretty sure he actually had a acetate off of him that was only really pressed for dropping when the p bros played live ......

I remember a thread on "mp3genius" rap and electro site about the hear no evil listing..... did anyone eventually id all of them???

(did you used to read big daddy magazine as well , the shogun??)

i wasnt too into volume 3 either, it had a different theme to it. a group of record collector called the 'diggers with gratitude' managed to name all the tracks on vol 1 & 2, the diggers with gratitude run thier own forum dedicated to rare hip hop vinyl and they also put out limited vinyl releases of very rare and unreleased stuff from the late 80s and early 90s.

big daddy was a good magazine, i still have a few issues kicking about.

heres a couple of diggers with gratitude releases.

phill most chill and paul nice - neva stop diggin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyvhtcPUQg

kool g rap & polo - i declare war, from a diggers with gratitude ep of unreleased tracks from the juice crew circa 88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhqdns_O4PE&feature=relmfu

• Like 2

some hip hop mixes, these mixes are very well put together and involve some serious dj skills. if anyone wants to download these and cant find the link, pm me and ill show you a loop hole for down loading from soundcloud

2 mixes by the scratch bastid

http://soundcloud.com/skratchbastid/the-entertainer-a-skratch

http://soundcloud.com/skratchbastid/skratch-bastid-sneaker-freaker

a mix of hip hop from 1992 by chief one

a dj revolution mix, this fellas scratching is on another level

The best breaks mix ever??

breaks for days paul nice

cheers shogun , you've got me revisisting allsorts here man

(do you pick you feet in poughkipsie is anothger gem from the hands and decks of mr nice - all movie tunes)

• Like 1

Not a big fan of jay z, kinda lost his ability after the passing of big l and such lyricists. But for me I do rate the efforts of danger mouse, and this was quite a rare thing about ten years ago. The grey album by danger mouse, Beatles meets jay z,

Encore-grey album

De la soul- ooh

• Like 1

Living up to your expectations/perceptions of me lol shogun, a few mid eighties numbers

Def fresh crew (Roxanne Shante and bizmarkie)

Biz markie- vapors

• Like 2

I think it fits here (FO Nv : "Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...!?")

Edited by Hir

• 2 weeks later...