hiphop

KToWn

I know people think he's a legend, I just think he's an over rated producer that never wrote a decent bar in his life.

Just my opinion like.

I'm sorry mate,but i think you're talking out your arse.

Dr dre has got to be one of or the best rap producer of all time.

Just my opinion like;)

I think "best rap producer of all time" is a gross exaggeration.

im not really a dr dre fan but nobody can deny his importance in hip hop music. first of all he put together nwa, one of the most controversial rap groups ever whos album straight outta compton kick started gangster rap. he produced the first ever g-funk album, above the laws - livin like hustlers. a massive amount of g funk albums followed (practically a genre in itself). then he discovered snoop dogg, who today is one of the biggest artists in the music industry. and of course you cant forget eminem. when dr dre discoverd eminem around 1997 it was unthinkable that a white kid could become anywhere near as massive as eminem would get. on top of all that he has produced some classic albums (no one can do it better, the chronic, eazy duzz it, straight outta compton) and theres his involvement with other rap superstars (tupac, 50 cent, rakim etc).

as i said im not a big dr dre fan but as for saying 'he's an over rated producer that never wrote a decent bar in his life'. you need to go back and listen to deep cover, livin like a hustler, no one can do it better, etc. the break beat alone that dre dug out and used for the track 'straight outta compton' has been sampled over 2000 times since straight outa compton was made, the ahmen break is the back bone of drum and bass music (its a 6 second break from a 1969 track by the ahmen brothers just incase anyones interested)

hip hop would be very very different if there had been no dr dre.

heres the roots and icecube doin straight outta compton

peace

shogun

Edited by the_shogun
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...