hiphop

KToWn

I know people think he's a legend, I just think he's an over rated producer that never wrote a decent bar in his life.

Just my opinion like.

I'm sorry mate,but i think you're talking out your arse.

Dr dre has got to be one of or the best rap producer of all time.

Just my opinion like;)

I think "best rap producer of all time" is a gross exaggeration.

I know people think he's a legend, I just think he's an over rated producer that never wrote a decent bar in his life.

Just my opinion like.

Just my opinion like;)

Can you think of one better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXMQpBnuIIg

Edited by redtilidie

Just my opinion like.

Just my opinion like;)

Can you think of one better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXMQpBnuIIg

RZA or DJ Premier are by far the best rap producers of all time.

Edited by Suspect

Dre has his place, not the best of all time but then again I dont think of any one producer as the ultimate as there are so many good ones producing different stuff

How can you compare Dr dre to J Dilla? You cant, they make and represent completely different angles of hip hop

So RZA, Premier, Dilla, Dre, Diamond D, Buckwild, Lord finnese, the list goes on and on, all immense producers in their own right.

Of all of them though I think Dre is the most commercial, which wasn't that bad but now commercial hip hop/rap isn't hip hop/rap at all and it seems he's jumping on the bandwagon more than the rest

This sentence alone put me off Dre " Dr. Dre has been working in the studio with Lady GaGa"

Need I say any more

Dre has his place, not the best of all time but then again I dont think of any one producer as the ultimate as there are so many good ones producing different stuff

How can you compare Dr dre to J Dilla? You cant, they make and represent completely different angles of hip hop

So RZA, Premier, Dilla, Dre, Diamond D, Buckwild, Lord finnese, the list goes on and on, all immense producers in their own right.

Of all of them though I think Dre is the most commercial, which wasn't that bad but now commercial hip hop/rap isn't hip hop/rap at all and it seems he's jumping on the bandwagon more than the rest

This sentence alone put me off Dre " Dr. Dre has been working in the studio with Lady GaGa"

Need I say any more

Pete Rock. I'm not saying he's 'the best', as you say, there are many good producers, but he's certainly one of the most talented imo.

Dre is good at what he does. I like this!

Has Jay Electronica already been mentioned? I'm guessing so. When I first heard this it was was the first time a hip-hop record sounded genuinely fresh since 1995, pretty much. Proper emcee, seems to have gotten a little more industry friendly in recent times which can't be good but still plenty skill on display

Yeah props to Pete Rock actually, but still too many people to say one is the best imo

I think I've posted this before but fuck it you've all reminded me of him, one of my favourite beats and I love cl's flow

@ callywally, couldn't say for sure, Jehst's still performing live though and a fair bit by the looks of it. Might have to go to one and see how it is. Nice selection by the way

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Callywally-Cool find, Bopping with the headphones on, I'd say it's him.

We've all got bills to pay and sadly Uk hip hop isn't exactly big business these days, unless you wanna go grime or commercial= not Jesht.

Tell you what though I'd rather see Jehst postin letters by day and release his new album and have it be decent hip hop with his quality lyricism than a piece of commercial shit.Respect to the drifter, probably wake n bakes anyway so he's probably thinking of lyrics right there lol

My stoned 2p lol

Just checked that I'm not trippin, that vid is from the 9th, his last gig was the 3rd. Nxt one is 18th of March at Lryicology in Swindon. So even if it is him he is still performing

Wouldn't be surprised if him or some his cronie's were on the UK420 tbo

Oi Jehst, where's this album you lazy stoner lol

e2a. just seen that he supported Pete Rock and Cl Smooth in December :headpain: the irony

and the gig on the 18th is previewing tracks from the Dragon of an Ordinary family album :yahoo:

Edited by WeedIsFree

• 2 weeks later...

Cool vid, roll one and chill.

I usually think hip hop with a live band sounds like it's lost something but this is a treat. Think the first tune Jehst does seem's good, possibly off the album.

Good performance of 'weed' as well