hiphop

KToWn

Just heard Dr.Dre's new tune :rolleyes: " Kush" ft AKON :spliff:

I had some time for Dre when he actually made some decent beats, but tbo sounds like the same shit he was making years back but faded. No doubt this will be a pop album featuring the likes of Lil'Pain, Fake Drake, some lame ass singers and many more

THIS took over 10 years :(

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a Jehst session just now, really need to get that 'Mind the gap' mixtape(second track is on there and I reckon some well old school uk hip hop :D ) but it's only available on tape lol

Love the samples for the first track and thought I'd put a better Dre song up as well to lift my spirits as opposed to the above trollop lol Blazed many a fatty to that beat back in the day, light speed blazing chronic through the galaxy indeed lol

whats happened to jehst? last i heard his new album was supposed to come out nearly 2 years ago ?

Dunno mate, think a lot of shit got fucked up with Braintax and lowlife records a while back, something about Braintax stitching people up and then doing one to Oz, I think :yinyang: But I think that fucked up a lot of relationships surrounding that lot hence there aint been much about that and a lack of funds due to the stitch :wink: maybe

Still see the odd thing pop up saying it's coming soon, YNR seem to have a good bunch of artists but 'Dragon of an Ordinary Family' Jehst album is still not here.UK hip hop needs a kick start tbo I cant be arsed with grime at all, real hip hop shall return

@ weed yeah i heard about braintax while ago, not sure why jehst would delay his stuff as a result? who knows anyway heres big pun over the ice cream beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pdlm0ZLbEQ

and my favourite jehst tunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKlWodeXTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VXYO8ARjs

lyrically.....among the best IMO

Jest 'free' uploaded a year ago. I like jehst but I really dont rate this at all.

And 'real' hip hop is still around (obviously depending on how you define 'real')

And...........is this conscious grime?

And this is real as fuck (obviously only my opinion)

Edited by uʍop-ǝpısdn

I havent been through all the 121 pages, but not sure if we got any spoken word represented in here, so thought I'd include some of personal favourites.

Sage Francis: Mullet (try to just listen, as the video is kinda distracting)

Sage Francis: Hopeless

Saul Williams: 5 senses

Saul Williams - Not In Our Name (The Pledge of Resistance)

my apologies if any have already been posted.

@ callywally, couldn't say for sure, Jehst's still performing live though and a fair bit by the looks of it. Might have to go to one and see how it is. Nice selection by the way

@upsidedown, I know what you mean there, I dont like it when he overdoes his accent sometimes, if you get me :(, and the flow's a bit off but tbo I reckon put a decent beat on that and change his flow and that would sound a lot better, most of lyrics are dope and true in that tune imo

Nice tracks, I listened Akala's freedom lasoo album and thought it was alright, good lyrics on that track there though, first verse is immense.

Conscious grime ;) ..... lol i'm sure there's a grime artist somewhere worth listening to though, just not into the beats really

And this reasonably new P.E track, respect to Chuck D, 50 years wise as he said and still better than most, yeeeeeaaahhhh boyyeeeeeee lol

PE still going strong, essay/letter/article written by Chuck D here - hxxp://hiphopandpolitics.com/2011/01/04/chuck-ds-letter-never-have-so-many-been-pimped-by-so-few/

Also,

Edited by uʍop-ǝpısdn