hiphop

KToWn

Yeah I love a bit of chilled out hip hop with conscious lyrics, not necessarily preaching a message but not just going on about how good being a cock is all the time, you knowho they are,(instead of withnailing it, I'm about to rant lol) shit-hop hip-pop it's all crud in my eye's, I see 50 cent etc in the same light as Britney Spears, their all designed to appeal to a certain image and sell it. Some of them rise in the ranks and can decide how they want to sell themselves but it's still all about money, fuck that, it's boring if anything now. Jay-Z needs to sort his life out and stop going on about how good he is because that's the only thing he seems to rap about these days, well I say these days, well I say Jay-Z I mean most rapper's. Dr Dre needs to pull his head out of his arse and stop being this super producer that signs reasonably talented artists and then never releases their music or does and it's shite, and if he ever does release "Detox" it will more than likely be shit as he's recently been working with Lady"punch me now" Ga Ga and lil "please dont buy my music" wayne. Dre's best work's are The Chronic and 2001 instrumental albums, they are good for what they are. And lastly I heard somewhere Eminem said his new album was going back to the old school hip hop as he didn't like his last one as it sounded too commercial, not that I even like Eminem but this made me laugh, his new tune features Rhiana :wink: and apparently he's got a track with PINK on the album :blub: , well old school mate :yes:

What the fuck happened to hip hop 'eh, I know there's still good stuff if you look around for it, and I'm still constantly finding old school artists I've never heard of but I remember decent hip hop being the popular hip hop originally, yes there was the commercial element but it didnt rule. Obviously does now.

Rant over, I bloody love early 90's hip hop video's

Guest smoketilluchoke

no doubt all them man you mentioned WIF are stupidly over-rated

thing is, like both sides of it

i love the chilled out shit, or conscious stuff

but i also love it when man just go ill on the mic

pure ignorance, i love it tho

AP & styles smash this alchmemist beat

Edited by smoketilluchoke

I love it smoketiluchoke :spliff:

See I got respect for ya there as I know your not some twat that buy's into that crap, and I'll listen to most hip hop if the beat is good enough, just get sick of some stuff. Just get's me down working with a bunch of teenagers who think they know it all about hip hop but actually they dont know feck all

Tell 'em Chuck

Guest smoketilluchoke

yeah bro, thing is i dont mind that street shit, if it aint sum muppet who aint really done none of that shit, lke 90% of em out there

this is what i ment to post

i think styles is a good mix of both, cos he does shit like this

then he does shit like this

Guest smoketilluchoke

yeah its defo suttin old skool

hahah i know im probably gunna catch sum shit for this but fuck it lol :wink: :wub:

BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah smoke, I'll listen to a bit of styles P, :spliff:

I did used to like a lot of the commercial stuff like Dre, when P.diddy was Puff daddy and the fam, Mase, Busta and Eminem when I was younger but I was so pissed when I realised it was all fake that I just dont listen to a lot of it now, but suppose we've all got to make a living.

Premier is probably my favourite producer really, just made such a variety of amazing beats for so many people

"What a masterpiece the past repeats its never gone

In daddy´s footsteps junior re-enacts Desert Storm

Like let´s get it on act righteous cause a fast crisis

Double gas prices and blame the fact we tax-hyped it"

Guest smoketilluchoke
Yeah smoke, I'll listen to a bit of styles P, :ninja:

Premier is probably my favourite producer really, just made such a variety of amazing beats for so many people

yeah man no doubt SP is real hiphop i dont give a fuck if the lox was wit didy at first

no doubt premo is one of the best

dj paul & juicy j are up there too

their beats are probably some of the most complex

from 0.39

one of the sickest beats i ever heard, pure darkness

infamous goin ill on the mic too :)