Oldtimes

oldtimer1

Hi Ot

are the indica seeds ready yet mentioned in post #31

I’m going to send Joolz some seeds of another var I have made, this is an indica sat hybrid, much more indica dominant than anything I have ever released before. I made it for people who don’t have a lot of head room and would like to get an idea of what a sativa high is like.

only got 1.5 headroom and i'd love to try a sativa type grow

thanks

Leroy I'm calling it smile cos that is what it makes everyone do including me, Joolz has the seed, but I have not put it up yet as I'm away for a week so won't be around to field any Q's., so next weekend.

I had this forwarded to me:-

To whomever it may concern,

I have recently found myself in possession of some Indian haze and a test bud which I understand came from your department.

Yesterday morning upon I decided that I should sample some of said goods. I started with an Indian Haze which whilst lacking the look and smell of any decent dutch cannabis did appear to give some kind of 'high'.

The problem I have with the product is that in the next few hours I found myself cleaning the bathroom to a level of cleanliness hitherto unreachable by myself. I found nooks and crannies I was unaware of and actually took some kind of perverse pleasure in removing debris and dirt.

Of course by this point alarm bells were ringing. I knew that by now I should be sat comatose on the sofa,planning what gooey cake to entertain next and enjoying re-runs of scrapheap challenge.

I figured the logical thing to do would be to try a joint of the test bud... surely this would help bring me back to a place of comfort?

It didn't though did it.. and to be frank I expect your company knew this from the start. I further found myself hoovering the house, top to toe with an added hint of kitchen floor wipe to the equation.

Not once did I want to do nothing and stare into space. I barely craved sweet things at all and most frighteningly I found myself grinning, both to myself and my partner. This horrid anomaly with my physical being was further enhanced by my smiling to people in the local shop when I purchased some wares. This is truly a hideous development as smiling is something,until now that I've been able to keep inside my own house and only show to a few special friends.

Luckily for me I did have some self regulating white widow which eventually bought me back into a sphere of emotion I felt comfortable in and any hint of smiling or activity left my cursed body.

I would like to know what, as a company you intend on doing about allowing such dangerous drugs to be available to people like me?

I await your response

disgusted from essex

:yep::rofl: :rofl: :yep:

• Like 1

:rolleyes:

:rofl::doh:

The things you miss on this site, first time round! That's fekkin' priceless, love it!

:D :D

:rolleyes:

:rofl::doh:

The things you miss on this site, first time round! That's fekkin' priceless, love it!

:D :D

And there was me thinking that was Arnie pretending to be 'disgusted from Essex' when I first read that post.

Tis funny.... :D

• Like 1

I had this forwarded to me:-
To whomever it may concern,

I have recently found myself in possession of some Indian haze and a test bud which I understand came from your department.

Yesterday morning upon I decided that I should sample some of said goods. I started with an Indian Haze which whilst lacking the look and smell of any decent dutch cannabis did appear to give some kind of 'high'.

The problem I have with the product is that in the next few hours I found myself cleaning the bathroom to a level of cleanliness hitherto unreachable by myself. I found nooks and crannies I was unaware of and actually took some kind of perverse pleasure in removing debris and dirt.

Of course by this point alarm bells were ringing. I knew that by now I should be sat comatose on the sofa,planning what gooey cake to entertain next and enjoying re-runs of scrapheap challenge.

I figured the logical thing to do would be to try a joint of the test bud... surely this would help bring me back to a place of comfort?

It didn't though did it.. and to be frank I expect your company knew this from the start. I further found myself hoovering the house, top to toe with an added hint of kitchen floor wipe to the equation.

Not once did I want to do nothing and stare into space. I barely craved sweet things at all and most frighteningly I found myself grinning, both to myself and my partner. This horrid anomaly with my physical being was further enhanced by my smiling to people in the local shop when I purchased some wares. This is truly a hideous development as smiling is something,until now that I've been able to keep inside my own house and only show to a few special friends.

Luckily for me I did have some self regulating white widow which eventually bought me back into a sphere of emotion I felt comfortable in and any hint of smiling or activity left my cursed body.

I would like to know what, as a company you intend on doing about allowing such dangerous drugs to be available to people like me?

I await your response

disgusted from essex

:stoned::smoke::) ...

Mrm lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi ive got a dilemma but its a nice one. i have 10 oldtimes and ten killerskunk sprouted and ready to roll, my problem is i am going to do one strain in a wilma style hydroponics set up and the other in soil in a seperate set up. i would love to know if anyone could recommend if the killer or oldtimes is more suited for dirt or hydro. been on hydro for a while but want to return to dirt seems a waste to go all dirt and have a wilma sitting there with aqua feed doing nothing. :smug:

hi ive got a dilemma but its a nice one. i have 10 oldtimes and ten killerskunk sprouted and ready to roll, my problem is i am going to do one strain in a wilma style hydroponics set up and the other in soil in a seperate set up. i would love to know if anyone could recommend if the killer or oldtimes is more suited for dirt or hydro. been on hydro for a while but want to return to dirt seems a waste to go all dirt and have a wilma sitting there with aqua feed doing nothing. :smilie_tux:

if it were me i would do the killers hydro and oldtimes in soil to try and control the growth cause plants can grow fast in hydro and i think oldtimes can stretch a bit :v:

hi ive got a dilemma but its a nice one. i have 10 oldtimes and ten killerskunk sprouted and ready to roll, my problem is i am going to do one strain in a wilma style hydroponics set up and the other in soil in a seperate set up. i would love to know if anyone could recommend if the killer or oldtimes is more suited for dirt or hydro. been on hydro for a while but want to return to dirt seems a waste to go all dirt and have a wilma sitting there with aqua feed doing nothing. :smilie_tux:

if it were me i would do the killers hydro and oldtimes in soil to try and control the growth cause plants can grow fast in hydro and i think oldtimes can stretch a bit lol

Thanks for the quick response NMW, will defo take that on board mate. Been recommended bio nova super mix as feed for my soil grow by the grow shop as it is a hella lot cheaper than others on the market and is a one component organic feed which he seems to recommend, personally was thinking of bio bizz... any suggestions? :v:

• 4 years later...

Heres some info about the two strains from OT himself

Oldtimes,

A bit about Oldtimes, firstly it is very old school, it was bred from ESB, its not ESB but it has a lot of similar characteristics,

I think Oldtimes is nicer, it has a very up type of high but has a little more of a body type stone than any of the Lot#5,

I find the smell a little pungent but less so than the original ESB. Flowering for Oldtimes is just over 7.5 to 9.5 weeks,

stretch from 12/12 is about 3 times.

The majority are columnar in form with little branching, so they are ideal for sog, if you have ever heard of the term elephant hands,

these have the trait with huge sunleaves up to 17 inches across and the middle leaf up to a ft long when its well grown.

The colas have a very high bud to leaf ratio making manicuring a dream, the buds are dense and resin laden.

While Oldtimes grows tall it is very easy to grow if you have the height in your room for it, it expresses good hybrid vigour,

finding a keeper should be easy.

As a warning ESB used to throw the odd hermy and are trigger happy when it comes to stress, I’ve not had any reports of

hermies with Oldtimes from test growers.

I think these will suit someone looking for an old school sativa dominant indica hybrid for their collection.

All the best Ot1

Lot#5 Evolution

"As a general comment this is a variety for the sativa high lovers and connoisseurs that want something very different.

It is a genetic blend to find a special plant or two to mother up and keep. The original Lot#5 when flowered would go five to

ten times veg height in stretch, Up to 14 weeks + flowering. Generations of selection have reduced stretch to treble or less,

some testers have reported a less than a doubling in height from 12/12 with topped plants, it mainly depending on the

growing method, how well the grow room is set up etc. L#5Evolution is sensitive to its environment and this makes a

difference to stretch and to the phenotypical presentation, in other words identical clones alter in stretch and bud formation

in different grow room set ups. Flowering with L#5Evolution is mainly 8.5 to 9.5 week band.

Yields are high to very high, plants will need support late flowering as the bud weight tend to snap branches, most plants

cola density is medium with a very few plants producing light density colas, trichomes are fine in structure.

Aroma and taste is hard to pin down, its pretty much like the original Lot#5, maybe a little sweeter on cure.

None of the original growers of Lot#5 could pin it down, testers of this one can’t pin it either, they say from lemon,

to bitter lemon to fruity boiled sweets, to some it reminds them of some sort of domestic cleaner, yuck to that is all I can say!

Personally I don’t think its any of them, to me its pretty unique, it still smells and tastes like Lot#5.

The effect is very up high and in the head, with very little body effect, it tends to come on in waves, what I call a roller coaster ride,

feedback says some plants are almost to strong, the high being practically psychedelic, six of the test growers have suggested

that while its an very easy plant to grow, the high may not be for the inexperienced smoker. It is totally the other end of the spectrum

to the couch lock world, I would say for sure, it is not for anyone who is looking for CBD calming.

Several of the test growers still keep one or more mothers of different original Lot#5’s, most of them have said that #5Evolution is

both stronger and nicer than the originals."

& heres OT's smoke report.

HMT, on Apr 5 2008, 09:34 PM, said:snapback.png

going to be lots of peeps growing this one biggrin.gif
Which on is the most potent smoke Oldtimes or Lot#5 ?

How do you describe potent, they are totally different, Lot 5's all are very psychoactive and up high with little or no body, to me its all in the head,

Oldtimes has body as well as an up high, the up is totally different to Lot#5.

:skin_up:

ps, haven't heard much from OT lately but i hope he's doing ok.

• Like 2

@@Joint hogger - thanks for bumping a thread about my favourite strain.

Here is my trip report:

Oldtimes

From the description "A bit about Oldtimes, firstly …" it will get you high - no need to read any further. A few tokes on a pure joint and I feel it in my face, very smoothly a warm fuzzy glow permeates. I am not 'stoned', I am high. A subtle psychedelic high. All my senses are altered, alive. At one point I am deeply introspective with classic psychedelic recursive thoughts and the next I am crying with laughter at the sheer absurdity of it all. Oldtimes can take me on a journey from the banal to the profound. Complex. Oldtimes is complex. Oldtimes feels ancient. This is ancient and honest weed. In this regard it is the most aptly named strain of cannabis I have had the pleasure of indulging. It buzzes. It adapts to your activity and complements always. Have it in the morning, have it for lunch or dinner, Oldtimes works round the clock. A whore open 24 hours. Reminds me … time for a Oldtimes :spliff:

Interlude

I love music. I love Oldtimes. I just spent 4 hours watching BBC iPlayer clips of Glastonbury with my partner. We moved from grime to hip-hop to electronica to Nick Cave to reggae to dancehall to 'chin stroking hipster art-school cool' bands to an excellently bizarre chick band called Savages. All through this we laughed, we joked, we criticised, we didn't take ourselves seriously, we danced and we stroked our chins, we dreamt of more bass, we were intimate and we were grateful to Oldtimes for facilitating it all.

Oldtimes. It is all about the high. It will not win any awards for smell or taste - both of which are complex and at the same time simply 'honest'. Fuck those awards. All I care for is the award for high and I am fully satisfied.

Oldtimes. Complex. Ancient. May my jars never be empty.

10/10
I am so relieved that I got another female so soon after accidentally killing my mum. Phew!
My only regret is not buying like 10 or so packs of Oldtimes from the last OT1 drop.
And, like you, I hope that OT1 is doing well. I'd love to meet him in person, simply to tell him about the positive impact his life's work has had on me.
I chuckle to myself thinking that he cooked up Oldtimes specifically for me, and then chuckle to myself that it had nothing to do with me at all.
OT1, salute!
Respectfully,
NC
Edited by NegativeCreep
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Remember you?

Your a hard act to follow Sir.

Good to hear the news of your cooking again.

Hope the sight lasts for years to come Oldtimer.

:yep:

• Like 4

Never had the pleasure of talking with you OT1 but heard so much fantastic stuff about your work

Sending good vibes and wishing you all the best mate

• Like 1