• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Father McPot

• d_L_t

• Culchi

• Hashybang

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but the whole world is illogical, we're just blighted by a mind that wishes to rationalise it all

rationalizing is the only way we'll be able to accept our actions in the past and future, if only more people did it they'd be a much more happier with themselves :blushing:

but the whole world is illogical, we're just blighted by a mind that wishes to rationalise it all

rationalizing is the only way we'll be able to accept our actions in the past and future, if only more people did it they'd be a much more happier with themselves :smoke:

I think it's the very fac that people try to rationalise their existence which is the cause of unhappiness...

I have read the bible a bit, and after eve gave adam the apple, they're eyes opened and they had full acknowledgment of all evil. this is when they ran off and covered their nakedness with leafs and shit.

to me this sounds like, you can't see the good things without be aware of the bad things. ?

Bloody Women !!!

• 5 months later...
trying to rationalise it causes you to exist in your mind

But you have to exist to rationalise in the first place. (To yourself, of course, because we can't ever really know if the external world exists.)

I would like to think that my foremost thoughts on spirituality are also based out of the Buddhist/Hindu belief system. There are many Highly Evolved Beings out there that have it figured out for sure. I have wrestled with this many times before also...

The suffering is a part of our experience. We can't prevent it, we can only observe our own reactions to it.

Truthfully, we cannot discover who it is that we really are - until we experience who/what it is that we really 'aren't'

Therefore, we need to experience everything in all walks of life, and based upon our interpretation of it, we formulate opinions about who and what we really are.

I dunno.

we're all just here to learn and experience. The choice of ''why'' to exist, was made for us before we had the conscious choice to say ..'wait a minute'

-Rev

@father mc pot. yea true man. isnt that a rationalisation tho? :pimp:

:) If you'd have to be a complete dunce to say: "Do I exist? Well, maybe not... maybe I'm just rationalising."

There might be someone somewhere I s'pose...

I often ask myself "Do I exist? Well, maybe not... maybe I'm just rationalising."

Good point Sir. But if so the program we're in has a few excellent perks. For example at this moment in time I am pleasantly stoned and curently listening to Mr Hendrix' masterpiece "All Along the Watchtower" and frankly I am "coming" in my head.