Why Exist At All?

Baba Ku

To search for an answer is a waste of time. You're here why not accept it and get on with your life however you may wish to live it. There are those that want to tell you what to do and those who want to be told what to do. Be yourself and help those less fortunate, why else would we be here, for what other possible reason?

If you can't be arsed to help those who are less fortunate than you, then have at least the decency not to get in the way of those that do. Then the suffering will evaporate less of course our desires get the better of us.

Om lol

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Father McPot

• d_L_t

• Culchi

• Hashybang

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

life has no meaning, there is no why, we aren't here for any great purpose, it's just our pathetic little egoes that demand such explanations because we can't accept that one day we'll be dead and that's it.

life has no meaning, there is no why, we aren't here for any great purpose, it's just our pathetic little egoes that demand such explanations because we can't accept that one day we'll be dead and that's it.

---------------------------------------

How can you be so sure? lizard.

Bob.

Bob.

because nothing I have experienced in my life has given me any cause to believe otherwise.

Bob.

because nothing I have experienced in my life has given me any cause to believe otherwise.

You mean to say you've never laughed, nor cried, felt happy, or sad? you've never wondered if there is, or isn't, a God, or at how truely amazing all of creation is, what a miracle it really is that we're here at all? Even if it all is just some chance in a zillion bio-chemical fluke, how on Earth did we end up here, able to even consider such matters in a philosophical manner and debate them accordingly? "Do not look at the finger pointing to the Moon, or you will miss all that heavenly glory" - Bruce Lee (Enter the Dragon). :)

Just because you can experience the likes of wonder and beauty doesn't mean that there is a purpose to existence. People are always scouring for reasons behind the inexplicable and the sublime because chance seems to degrade and efface them.

Bob.

You mean to say you've never laughed, nor cried, felt happy, or sad? you've never wondered if there is, or isn't, a God, or at how truely amazing all of creation is, what a miracle it really is that we're here at all? Even if it all is just some chance in a zillion bio-chemical fluke, how on Earth did we end up here, able to even consider such matters in a philosophical manner and debate them accordingly? "Do not look at the finger pointing to the Moon, or you will miss all that heavenly glory" - Bruce Lee (Enter the Dragon). :stoned:

the natural world is an endless source of beauty and wonder to me I just don't need voodoo medieval religous mumbo jumbo to explain it for me, I don't need any explanations at all it's enough for me that it exists at all.

and I'm perfectly happy to accept that all of this is just the result of random chance, there's no reason why it shouldn't be so.

Edited by Lizard

Guest ironlungs

do you not sometimes wonder if our senses are only limited to this world? and when u die, ur senses will allow you to see a greater reality, better than shrooms etc?

None of us do exist and we never did. Time only moves one way.

I've a hard enough experience believing time exists anyway, never mind saying which way it moves.

In a universe this big, when there are things as small as quarks, where string theory increasingly appears to be real, what the fuck are we ? Why do we exist ? Why does moss exist on rocks ? Because it can. What are we ? moss on the rock that we call planet earth. God, Buddha, elightenment. Do me a fucking favour. You're a random growth on an inconsequential rock. Deal with it.

:yep:

we're a bit more intelligent than moss....

moss can't have debates like this :yep:

:unsure: That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation...

Bob.

I've never experienced anything that has given me cause to believe that life has meaning,or great purpose,

but I cant take this as proof there is none.Your faith that death is final,to me seems just as illogical as other

unproven beliefs.

Cheers,Bob.