More Timer Failure. Or Contactor, Or Both.

The LaydeKillas

i've just had exactly the same thing happen to me,using exactly the same contactor,but this time only on a single 600 watt hps.

i woke up early this morning just to check that my light went off at 6:00 as usual,but waited and watched,but the light didn't go out.

i first pressed manual off on the timer,which usually turns the light off,and also the led on the socket,which indicates power supply to the contactor's socket.......the light stayed on,and so did the led

i then pulled the plug on the contactor out of the timer.......light stayed on

swapped timers,for a brand new spare i have,plugged the contactor into the new timer,tried again,manual on/off........light stayed on

tried both timers,on a household lamp....manual on/off......both work fine

right....so it's definately the contactor i presume.....so i pull the plug from the contactor that runs straight to mains and the light goes out....as it should

i then checked all connections to both plugs,and socket on contactor...and found the live terminal in the timer plug to be loose....retightened......thought i'd sussed it

plugged it all back in on a normal household lamp......but the lamp stays on.

so it looks like the internals to my contactor have failed,someone earlier mentioned the contacts welding and sticking on,this must be what has happened in my case :rofl: .

couldn't have happened at a worst time,i'm away for the night so i have to get this sorted and running reliably today,luckily i have 3 local grow shops,so it's not going to be a problem getting a replacement,i would love to open the contactor i have now up...after buying a replacement,just to see if i can spot any obvious signs of failure,just incase others have bought the same contactor,and are experiencing problems...but i'm not sure if these things hold a charge for some time after being un-plugged...i mean they must be sealed shut for a reason....or is it to hide shoddy workmanship :doh:

pics

post-15431-1203752150_thumb.jpg

post-15431-1203752158_thumb.jpg

post-15431-1203752167_thumb.jpg

post-15431-1203752180_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The LaydeKillas

• prawn

• Rastajedi