A Quick Comparison Between Rockdusts

Felix Dzerzhinsky

I remember the old OG days when the Americans always had something we couldn't get here in the UK without costing us and arm and a leg in shipping.

Does this mean we have something to be envied about now ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randalizer

• Felix Dzerzhinsky

• Arbuscule

• Davey Jones

Does anybody know how to get rockdust in the states? I've sent numerous emails to Seers and the email address they provide on their site for customers outside of the US but I have heard nothing. Thanks~Skeeter
OT suggested Azomite in the grinding rock thread,

Azomite is in the US. Google for a local distributer. some Garden Centers that sell this are not listed so you may have to call a lot of garden shops. It's quite expensive to ship.

Does this mean we have something to be envied about now ?

You have UK420! :)

Hahah yeah true :stoned: Its all English ingredients and terminology now which is so much easier to understand.

No offense to our American cousins, but it was a pain in the arse trying to work out what the hell some stuff actually was.

If it is any comfort :yinyang: I have to figure out what the hell you folks (or blokes) are saying at any given moment. Luckily san francisco is a pretty international city and I have had a lot of fun times hanging with the travelers that pass through here.

Seriously though, I don't think there is a site anywhere in the world to compare with UK420. I've visited a few and keep coming back here.

cheers!

Edited by Randalizer

Does anybody know how to get rockdust in the states? I've sent numerous emails to Seers and the email address they provide on their site for customers outside of the US but I have heard nothing.

So as mentioned Azomite has rock dust. But be careful as you don't want the granular stuff. I just ordered the the rock dust for feed cattle as it seems to be the only way to get "dust" instead of granular. I have had to do this with dolomite as well.

I think you will find basalt meal or lava meal anywhere. I'm a bit surprised by the quantities you guys use btw. For basalt meal the average dosage is about 2-5 kg/1000 liter.

uhhhh, is there anyone who wants to chime in on this? OT, felix, others? A few of you have said that you have good results from the 300g-500g per 15 litre range, yes? Thats about a 20 to 1 ratio (20 g per litre). Wazzup's formula works out to a 2 to 1 ratio (2 g per litre). :blub:

toddles off to his lab in his slippers

Edited by Randalizer

wassup folks,

So I finally made a compost mix based upon all I have learned here. The formula is in my grow diary. I wanted to mention about my coffee grinder. It's working fine. The on button now sticks on (a good thing as I don't have to hold it) so I jst use the power strip to turn on/off. I fill it up and let it run for about 30-60 seconds. The only substance that is a real pain is that granular dolomite. It and it alone ground my new blades down about 50% of it's original size! :blub: Luckily I now have powdered dolomite and will soon have powdered rock dust. :smoke:

Below is a picture of my mineral granular grinding machine! Complete with measuring beaker, sifter and screw driver to assist sifting. It's sitting on my water tank (which is due to be upgraded soon!) so all the spill dust gets poured into the water. The big jug gets all the ingrediants as they get ground/measured and then is slowly mixed in with the compost as I tumble it.

I'm glad I don't have to grind/sift dolomite or rock powder anymore! :yuck: 2nd picture is of the beaker with some sort of mineral powder in it. I put 15 oz (425.25g) of rock dust per 20 gallons (80 litres) of compost. Thats somewhere in between of the two formulas above. For my next batch I will double the rock dust and try to keep all other parameters the same. No guarenteas as I am constantly upgrading. I know it is not very scientific but I'm not getting paid for my research. :(

post-31962-1212647202_thumb.jpg

post-31962-1212647217_thumb.jpg

Edited by Randalizer