Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Ah nice Felix, so i mix rockdust few month before , ill find some space to do it so in future .

Great so ill use Granules or Rootgrow for inoculating /prolly Granules unless i find rootgrow somewere closer to my place .

Well it seems pretty simple once someone explains it few times :rofl::rofl:

I am trying to improve my compost skills as they obvisiusly need an upgrade,my curent grow would be much better if i ordered Rockdust, Essence, Granules and Neem oil few months back as additions to compost and prevention for fungal/thrips problems. I cant wait to start my next grow with all this fancy stuff,should be problem free. :)

Thanks for explaining mate !

Edited by Herbal Kint

Hope I am not confusing you by saying that Neem Oil has antibacterial and anti fungal properties, possibly making the Essence and if you drench the soil too Granules less effective.

:)

Am I wrong on this one Felix ?

TBS

Hope I am not confusing you by saying that Neem Oil has antibacterial and anti fungal properties, possibly making the Essence and if you drench the soil too Granules less effective.

:)

Am I wrong on this one Felix ?

TBS

Sure would like to here your oppinion about neem ,essence and granules combo Felix :P

I am searching for Webby s post in which he states that Essence should be use 10-14 days after using insecticides ,but i cant find it for past hour so ...just that . Maybe we should folow the same advice ussing Essence and Granules. Is there a test i could make ussing microscope and add Essence or Granules and Neem oil on one steril plate and observe?Or any other test you have in mind?

This thread is great source and answered more that few of my Q. that i asked about micro/trichoderma/essence stuff http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=155753

And once post on this page about granules i found informing http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...55749&st=90

If any link s i posted dont belong here sorry. :)

Edited by Herbal Kint

lofi UK420

I think I have my wires crossed and is only Neem Oil that is detrimental to essence and microflora. Anyone??

TBS

Edited by The Black Sheep

Sorry guys but I honestly don't know, my own feeling would be that neem oil is detrimental to beneficial microbes as it's anti bacterial and anti fungal but that's more of a guess than knowledge. Anyone else ?

Yea Felix,sounds spot on as its anti fungal so that would be it then. Essence,Granules and Neem wont go together :wink:

Guess ill just have to keep my room clean from now on,i already felt comfy like i wont have pest problems anymore due to neem .But think ill choose Inoculants over Neem.

Thanks

Was going to look into Neem for pest control but I wont now, thanks for info guys ;) Also a big thank you to Felix for the info on Trichodermas in general. I've got a lot of reading to do but you've already cleared up an issue I had on the first couple of pages of info :wink:

10aday / Neem oil and neem cake are good products IMO but i was raving about use of benificial bacteria and others along with it .As there is no point adding Essence or Granules if neem will kill them or weak their influence on root zone.

It would be good to now in what time difference would be safe to use them,what time is needed to flush neem from plant/root zone.But will leave that for neem oil thread.

e2a Timescaper mate/ ;)

All i now is that i want to be armed next time fungus or thrips come along as they are my biggest enemies this past year s, ok ill start repeating my self now so ill just shut up. :wink:

Neem seed cake also reduce alkalinity in soil, as it produces organic acids on decomposition. Being totally natural, it is compatible with soil microbes, improves and rhizosphere microflora and hence ensures fertility of the soil.

Acording to this text you gave ,it shoud me compatible but as Oldtimer said before they add God nows what cemicals wile extracting Neem oil,so... who can really tell unless we make some kind of experment ,and i suck in experiments .

Edited by Herbal Kint

Well I'd say adding the beneficial bacteria is better at the start of a plants life Herbal Kint so adding neem at any stage would be a bad thing unless you have a really bad pest problem. No matter how long it takes til the neem is clear to use the Granules\Trichodermas again, the detrimental effect means using a different product to combat pests is a better option in my opinion. If its just Fungus Gnats that are the problem Timescaper, I'd look for alternative products mate.

• 1 month later...

hey felix .. i guess you've already read this .. i'm going to find a copy tomorrow ..

"An Agricultural Testament"

By Sir Albert Howard

Published in 1940 this book has been an inspiration for the Soil

Association and organic gardening. Its testament or proof, so long

ago written is still valid and relevant today.

Howard went to northern India (now Pakistan) spending 25 years

in different roles connected with agricultural science. It was

generally believed that the colonies needed educating in the

superior ways of the British. However, Sir Albert soon discovered

that the indigenous farming methods had much to teach him, and he

called the peasants “the professors of agriculture”.

Some of his studies centred on the Hunza valley, an isolated

society where the people appeared to be very healthy, living off the

land and their livestock, using traditional methods to conserve and

enhance the fertility of the soil. Farming methods in the richer

countries had become and continued to be reliant on chemicals,

creating a vicious circle of dependence and disobeying “nature’s

laws of return”. “There must always be a perfect balance between

the processes of growth and the processes of decay. The

consequences of this are a living soil and abundant crops.”

Overworking of the soil and lack of organic matter leaves a medium

which may appear to support plant life but is itself lifeless.

Howard stresses the value of composting (dear to all our hearts) in

maintaining the life of the soil and subsequently increasing the

nutritional value of the food produced. He explores humus in juicy

detail and the essential part it plays in the composition of the soil.

Hard to describe it is formed by both plant and animal residues,

which are slower to degrade therefore providing the bulk and air

necessary for efficient soil bacterial activity. A rather magic

ingredient of healthy humus rich soil which Howard highlights is

Mycorrhizal fungi. Surprisingly it is only now achieving popular

status in the plant world and being marketed as “Root Grow”. The

fungi attaches itself to the roots in a symbiotic relationship

predigesting nutrients and trace elements from the soil with its extra

fine mycelium, the plant develops a better root system which makes

it more drought resistant as well.

A last word from Sir Albert written a generation ago. ”Can mankind

regulate its affairs so that its chief possession - the fertility of the soil

- is preserved? On the answer to this question the future of

civilisation depends."

:spliff:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Overworking of the soil and lack of organic matter leaves a medium which may appear to support plant life but is itself lifeless.

This is the point soil becomes a hydroponic medium although there is some argument to say that any soil plant fed chemical fertilizers are hydroponic.

Hydroponics has been practised for years in the fields but in a different way to our bubbler buckets more like the field itself is a big pot.

I wonder if farmers with chem nutes PH them depending on soil conditions?

Edited by Tutu

Overworking of the soil and lack of organic matter leaves a medium which may appear to support plant life but is itself lifeless.

.............my mantra ;)

I wonder if farmers with chem nutes PH them depending on soil conditions?

Big style mate.I remember reading an article a few years back and I couldn't believe how automated food production was...I can't find the article at the moment but when I do I'll post it up for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...