Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

not sure if its cheaper at the supermarket though? I pay £7.69 for 5 litres.

That's well cheaper than the supermarket :) , was having a look at some organic alfalfa pellets for horses recently and they would make a very good AACT I reckon.

• 5 weeks later...

ive been treating a plant for spider mites recently, but i have come to the conclusion that its LSF thats killing off the leaves. (altho there was a mite problem, the leaves have been developing into what looks like LSF in all the other pictures ive looked at here.)

This plant was grown mostly before i had bought Trichoderm, which ive used in the other plants.

My plant is 3 weeks into flower- should i spray the leaves with trichoderm ? or any other reccomendations ? dont want to use any systemic fungicides .

Im hoping my other plants should be ok as they were all inoculated with trichoderm. ( am planning to use rootgrow and rockdust also in the next lot).

Please help! if things keep going like this, im not sure itll survive its final 4 weeks!

Trichoderma and Essence are both safe to spray right up until harvest day, although it's not worth spraying if there's only 10 - 14 days left as the spores/bacteria won't have time to fully establish themselves.

Trichoderma and Essence are both safe to spray right up until harvest day, although it's not worth spraying if there's only 10 - 14 days left as the spores/bacteria won't have time to fully establish themselves.

cool, cheers Felix. Is the trichoderm likely to have any effect combatting the LSF? also- ive heard u have to use a pressure sprayer, not a trigger sprayer when using trichoderm, is that correct ?

Guest Lazlo Woodbine
.... also- ive heard u have to use a pressure sprayer, not a trigger sprayer when using trichoderm, is that correct ?

Yep .... and don't have the pressure too high either... :wink:

Laz

.... also- ive heard u have to use a pressure sprayer, not a trigger sprayer when using trichoderm, is that correct ?

Yep .... and don't have the pressure too high either... :wink:

Laz

appreciate that man, cheers !

I hope this works ! :rofl:

just made up my mix of 1 lite water and about half a grm of Trichoderma.... I'm just thinking, now i'm looking at the mix, does spraying the plant with this not leave the small grey "granules" all over the leaves and (small) buds ?

just made up my mix of 1 lite water and about half a grm of Trichoderma.... I'm just thinking, now i'm looking at the mix, does spraying the plant with this not leave the small grey "granules" all over the leaves and (small) buds ?

Yep, it's sand most likely

Yep, it's sand most likely

hmm, ok.

Is it worth giving them a "rinse" spray in a couple of days with just plain water ? dont fancy smoking "sand". :spliff:

hmm, ok.

Is it worth giving them a "rinse" spray in a couple of days with just plain water ? dont fancy smoking "sand". lol

What don't fancy your own home made grit weed ? :doh: , when dry it will fall off through air movement or when you chop the plants.

hmm, ok.

Is it worth giving them a "rinse" spray in a couple of days with just plain water ? dont fancy smoking "sand". :unsure:

What don't fancy your own home made grit weed ? lol , when dry it will fall off through air movement or when you chop the plants.

haha exactly! :yep: no i dont.

cool yeah, that seems quite obvious now that you've pointed that out. thanks.

Does anyone know how long you have to leave it after using citrofresh on your plants before something like Webbys Essence can be used? I'm assuming whatever it is in citrofresh that kills fungus stays on the leaves a while?

Does anyone know how long you have to leave it after using citrofresh on your plants before something like Webbys Essence can be used? I'm assuming whatever it is in citrofresh that kills fungus stays on the leaves a while?

Don't know the answer to that but it might be possible to wash it off with a couple of sprays of plain water ?

Yup thats what i was thinking. I stupidly have attempted to treat a new outbreak of LSF on my seedlings with with someting other than Essence, i should have just made a brew at the first signs...

Allow 10 - 14 days either side of spraying of any fungicide or insecticide :smoke:

Just spraying with plain water will not necessarily rid the excess of whatever it is you've just used. When you spray your plants the moisture gets absorbed under the cuticle (the waxy surface of the leaf tissue), so just spraying water will not rid what is under the cuticle :wink: