Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

DangerousDave

Just a quick thank you to Felix and friends, Ive now got the healthiest plants Ive had for over a year!! On week 2 of flowering and all is well... B)

post-18229-1213618929_thumb.jpg

They have been sprayed with essence brew each week and are fighting fit, The LSF spores are still there but are having to make do with a few small yellow leaves at the bottom of the plants (slight lack of N soon after swithing 12/12 :wink: these Euphoria are hungry gals!)

If you click the pic for a close up you can see how healthy they are, does any one think they might need another spray?

(I know the essence brew is safe to use right up to the end, but I have an irrational fear of spraying any liquid on me babies once they have got buds showing!)

Thanks for lookin' DD :geek:

Felix Dzerzhinsky

They look pretty healthy to me Dave, nice one :wink:

The bacteria and trichoderma should start to form a viable community on your leaf surfaces and just need applying to new leaves as they emerge. You could probably stop spraying now and just watch the leaves for any signs that the LSF is starting again and then give them a light spray. Spray any new plants that you add to the room to ensure they have a thriving layer of bacteria but otherwise you shouldn't have to keep spraying every week.

Howdy all.just got some canna trich. watered some in after a pot up and also inverted the whole plants into the water, which also had some maxicrop ecstract in.They all have root grow in there.

Noticed a tiny bit of LSF on my blueberries, also growin some unknown but probably jamaican clones that were totally unaffected. Now this aint ideal and i really need to get hold of some essence but it is better than nowt? Any ideas where to get some essence? I believe webby only had a bit. Top thread btw. :!:

Hi Chile Head,

I've just found something from GHE that may well suit you, it's a fungal & bacterial inoculant specifically for hydro. It's called BioMagix and works with their BioFiltre, you maybe able to use just the powder on it's own :rofl: . As the inoculant is tailored for hydro it's quite likely it won't contain any insoluble particles to clog up your system. I've never used it as I've never done hydro but maybe worth looking at, on the manufactures website they have a page showing some rancid roots and some protected by their mix.

Sorry if this is spamming :magic:

Felix! Thanks for that matie, appreciated. I'll def. see if I can get hold of some for future use - gonna Google it up after this in fact.

',;~}

Right now I have tacked over to all-out chemical warfare <sad face> though - the innoculants did seem to be helping heaps (IMO likely just the bacterial, however), and all but one plant has lots of new root growth - I just wanted to get some systemic protection right in there to see if that helped, so maybe I could stand a chance of taking some cuts to save my genetics, without dragging over any disease. Dunno what my chances of success are, but figured it worth a shot at this stage.

BTW - the root growth of these plants is (and has been for weeks now) far from normal - they are growing in extremely tight/compact bunches of short 'rootlets', making them rather inneficient for their mass as they are all but impenatrable - never seen anything like it, so haven't a clue what's caused this...

The one plant that is struggling a lot - it was way behind in healing roots-wise, so I 'experiemented' with 'scraping' back the dead/dying roots to see if it would then start to pick up - it really didn't, and is struggling to take on any nutes, now having gone quite pale indeed. There is new new growth showing now, but I'm not sure she'll be able to even nearly keep up with the other girls, so will likely pull her out and put her into dirt before the week is out, see how she gets on, rather than just watch her slowly get swamped by the others.

Cheers again fella ',;~}

• Like 1

Davey Jones
yeah id like to knowm about that essense please??

A've been wondering what it is also?

Its simply a bacterial inoculant (Available from webby)

Bubble it with mollasses and it protects against all kinds of things both on the roots and foliage

EM2

interesting read....

http://www.actahort.org/books/635/635_10.htm

and another

Link Removed

Coir contains natural populations of trichoderma species, both in the compressed growing slabs and in the "loose" medium in bags. Be aware, however, that the new molded (not compressed) 4" coir blocks sold under the Prism® and Sunleaves® labels, while excellent for propagation, are steamed and hot-water-leached during manufacturing, which eliminates the fungus. Their slabs and loose coir, however, do contain abundant levels of trichoderma species, as do those of other manufacturers.

Mycorrhizae are another additive that can provide a boost in growth. These are fungi that are found in nature forming symbiotic relationships with plant roots, and they aid in phosphorus uptake from the soil. Their fit in hydroponic production still has not been determined, but there is no doubt that mycorrhizae are beneficial to indoor gardeners using organic substrates like peat or coir. There are numerous sources of mycorrhizae, but my personal preference are those from Plant Health Care® (PHC), including Mycor™Flower Saver™ Plus, a cocktail of mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria. PHC was started by Dr. Donald Marx, world-renowned for his research on mycorrhizae and plant-microbe interactions, and the company's products are based on solid research.

Edited by felix_dzerjinski
Link removal

• 2 weeks later...
Idle Hands

Blimey

It's 05:16, been reading this thread for what seems like an entire day now!

Felix, If you read this before my PMs...ignore most of what I wrote (or didn't) :wink:

I think I now have a basic grasp, although there are still a couple of questions.

Bacterial Inoculant

The stuff webby's selling 'essence' (how much £ ?) if this is not available then is bio-pac a good alternative?. I have a bottle of Root Juice from Bio Bizz, not to be used now?... what exactly is Root Juice? (I just bought it because 'it was good for the roots' didn't give a second thought how it was good for the roots)

Is rockdust an absolutely essential piece of this concoction? it's soooo damn expensive to have delivered, and that's the only way I can get some, the most expensive ingredient.

Does anyone know if either B&Q or Homebase stock Rootgrow+?. otherwise I'll have to order online.

I've currently got some Liquid Seaweed, Blackstrap Molasses, Akrivator's in the post (hopefully)...syringe on standby

Getting some rootgrow+ today if I can...mates sorting me out with a pump.

Just leaves me with rockdust and a bacterial inoculant then?

Excellent thread Felix, wish I'd read it (again and again) a lot sooner... lol

even if i still don't understand most of it lol

Randalizer

I think rock dust is pretty important and I highly recommend powdered rock dust. Try a google search. Powdered rock dust (as I get here in the states) is sold for livestock feed purposes. That might aid you in your search.

I know what you mean by a long read.... I've had to devote several hours of research on this just to get me head around it. Worth every minute IMO.

Good luck!

Idle Hands

Thanks Randalizer.

It's the only ingredient I can't afford untill next week... just ordered some standard rootgrow, £2.50, the nearest stockist isn't what I'd consider near, the P&P is cheaper than the 4 buses I'd have to catch to get there and back anyway!

I think it'd be cheaper to have moondust delivered but I'll get some rockdust on friday if I have to. (the cheaper seers option)

cheers

P.S. just as I type my first seedling has sprouted, that'll be a clock ticking then.

Felix Dzerzhinsky

I agree with Randalizer that Rockdust is good to have, not essential right away but I have noticed how healthy my plants are throughout a grow when using small amount. The postage is a killer specially as it's a waste product from the quarrying industry but it's the sheer weight that costs so much with the postage, at least a bag will last you several years :spliff:

Unless you've got a leaf infection you shouldn't need to treat with essence all that often, if growing conditions are good and you have a healthy airflow you might never need it. The granules are better than RootGrow but many folk get very good results using just RootGrow alone.

gotdagreen

i have read upto page 19 so far today and i can tell you now my head hurts :unsure:. but in a good way the sudden rush of new infomation has knocked all the cannabiods out of my head ;). i have to say well done to felix and alll contributers for making this informative and astounding tread.

i wish i had seen this tread last year when firstly considering a indoor grow. i am now going to use these products on my next grow but im still only on page 19 got a good 8 to go i think ill leave it till tomorrow

eta. not 8 pages 11 o dear :stoned:

gotdag13green

Edited by gotdagreen

gotdagreen

felix have you ever used or no were i could get some protozoa. i know they have been used in America for a while .also you ever herd any aame, although i think this is another name for the blubbering that we do. i think these have been used quite a lot in America and are slowly making there way over here

gotdagreen