Trichoderma Harzianum & Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Randalizer

I just wanted to point out my application schema: I just add some powders to my tea mixture and water with that and when I transplant I just sprinkle some around the hole where the root ball goes in.

frickin easy! And cheap!!!

btw, I almost never spray my plants except for my cuttings which I mist often. I don't like to clog stomota with gunk and water drops on leaves under bright lights can burn th eleaf in spots under the drops.

Edited by Randalizer

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Interesting Chile Head,

There's not many others using mycorrhizal fungi in hydro I should imagine, I'm curious to hear how you get on. The Trichoderma might well do better as they can live on the surface of roots and if they are the right species on leaves as well. If you are using to treat and infection it's well worth spraying the underside of the leaves as well, just to make sure you get all surfaces covered.

Good luck

Chile Head
I just wanted to point out my application schema: I just add some powders to my tea mixture and water with that and when I transplant I just sprinkle some around the hole where the root ball goes in.

frickin easy! And cheap!!!

btw, I almost never spray my plants except for my cuttings which I mist often. I don't like to clog stomota with gunk and water drops on leaves under bright lights can burn th eleaf in spots under the drops.

Hi there mate - I presume this reply was direced my way? If so, well, I am using with hydro (Amazon unit - 'pseudo-aeroponics' in fact) and not dirt, so I ain't gotten no holes for to be doin' the sprinklin' into!

And as for the spraying - in my case it is def. a good idea, since the plants have undergone significant root damage, so as they recover from this, making use of thier ability to eat and drink via the leaves is a virtual must, and most definately of great benefit in ensuring they don't experience too much by the way of nutrient starvation. Not to mention that in my experience, cannabis like many other leafy plants, love a nice, 'dewy' little drink during the 'night' times.

Cheers!

Chile Head
Interesting Chile Head,

There's not many others using mycorrhizal fungi in hydro I should imagine, I'm curious to hear how you get on. The Trichoderma might well do better as they can live on the surface of roots and if they are the right species on leaves as well. If you are using to treat and infection it's well worth spraying the underside of the leaves as well, just to make sure you get all surfaces covered.

Good luck

Hey, it's Mr. The Felix! - Say, you ever get around to doing a test innoc. with any of your petri-growin's mate? Would be very interested to see the results if so <G!>

As far as my getting on goes, I'll be sure to post results whichever way it goes for any interested parties.

Oh, I did a further myc. innoc. last night, after lights out and pumps off time - I coated the long, wet root bundles with the Rootgrow granules completely - they would havwe about 4 hours like that before the sprays come back on. Dunno if that's enough time for the spores to germinate and start burrowing in, but I figured they have a better chance at least.

I must here make a note that it would have been a good idea for me to check the particle-pass-size of my home made in-line filters, Vs. the spray orifice size of my Amazon sprinklers, DAMNED BLOODY WELL BEFORE I ran the system after first innoc, rather than after discovering my sprayers had been clogged for a couple hours by chunks of grit - D'oh! and GRRRRR and <slaps own forehead with a t'tennis paddle!>

If these fungal innocs. do appear to work to any kind of helpful level in my hydro, I believe I shall be employing the aid of lukewarm water and some fine and careful sieving before using the products in future, rather than facing the prospects of clearing blocked nozzles, filters, and the half a gritsand beach I now appear to have collected in the bottom of my res. tank LMAO!

Be well, and keep the experimenting alive!

',;~}

P.s. - screen name is really supposed to be 'FlowwolF', 'Chilehead' having been an old one I used elsewhere while growing my chiles, however, I don't seem to be able to change it here outside of my sig, ugh! Mebbe I need to ask the help of one of the mods...

e2a!!! Not sure if I have the Trich. that will colonise leaves well (T22 is it?) - I got the stuff from Canna, the AKTrivator was what was avail. to me, which if I have read and recalled correctly, is made up of T02/03? Please feel free to correct/inform me better! Thanks.

Edited by Chile Head

Chile Head

1st notable results of T. Harz, VAM (and bact.) innocs. in my Amazon:

Well, this really is just another 'grit' cautionary folks - remove the damned stuff with a sieve or similar before attempting to use rootgrow in hydro!!!

pH last night at pumps off was set to 5.8, but by 11:00 a.m. today, had risen to a huge *7.5* - a whole 0.3 ABOVE our tap water! Trying to bring the pH back down took shit-loads of 38% nitric, almost 20ml in ~= 70L to get it down to just above 5 (as it will climb again in the next short while), compared to about 1 or 2 ml max for the same sort of down-shift normally. I can only /strongly/ presume that the minerals (bits of grit etc.) are quite rapidly dissolving and forming salts with the acids in the nute solution, since there is no soil/compost to act as a buffer.

If this does not settle down quickly, looks like I have another complete tank drain/scrub/nute change in my near future, which is not summink I wanted after having just done a change and added all this good micro-stuff, UGH!!! I suppose I may be able to arrange to pump the solution into another tank or two, and just filter it out from there, back into the main tank to save the innoculations, but this could prove a real ball-ache...

Oh well - no biggy, live and learn etc!

Peas on d'irt! ',;~}

Randalizer
I just wanted to point out my application schema:~edit~.

Hi there mate - I presume this reply was direced my way? If so, well, I am using with hydro (Amazon unit - 'pseudo-aeroponics' in fact) and not dirt, so I ain't gotten no holes for to be doin' the sprinklin' into!

And as for the spraying - in my case it is def. a good idea, since the plants have undergone significant root damage, so as they recover from this, making use of thier ability to eat and drink via the leaves is a virtual must, and most definately of great benefit in ensuring they don't experience too much by the way of nutrient starvation. Not to mention that in my experience, cannabis like many other leafy plants, love a nice, 'dewy' little drink during the 'night' times.

Cheers!

Hiho CH! :rofl:

Not so much directed at you but just offering another perspective. It was interesting to hear your reasons. lol I also like spraying at night but am usually too busy cruising here (oh the shame!).

Very best of luck to you!

growinforlife

I've lost the scoop that comes with the rootgrow rootfood, can someone let me know how much it holds?

Randalizer

application amount does not seem critical. I'm certain you can guess well enough to get you by until someone can give you an answer.

good luck!

Chile Head
I just wanted to point out my application schema:~edit~.

Cheers!

Hiho CH! lol

Not so much directed at you but just offering another perspective. It was interesting to hear your reasons. :ouch: I also like spraying at night but am usually too busy cruising here (oh the shame!).

Very best of luck to you!

Heheheh, cheers!

It's the other way around for me - usually either too busy trying to keep the grow together, or too worn out from doing so, to check this place as often as I'd like! I used to be a total NG/forum/E-list/web fiend not too long ago as well, heheheh...

Later!

Chile Head
I've lost the scoop that comes with the rootgrow rootfood, can someone let me know how much it holds?

About the same size as a large coffee scoop matie - so 35ml give or take a bit.

Well, results so far - roots are still looking quite a mess, however, despite the stupid high rhizosphere/root-zone temps I've been getting, I do see some new root formation. The upper parts of the plants are however, looking very healthy indeed (but then again, they didn't look *too* traumatised before innoc..? ) , just growth appears quite slow.

Also, after my cleaning out of all the mineral grit (and silica gel chunks! - Appears that's another additive to the Rootgrow +?), my pH has stopped rising as far and as fast, however - it is still rising more than I think it should!..

- I had been having this problem before this though - would drop pH down to about 5.5 (only because of the rate of rise you understand) and within 2 to 4 hours, it would be 6.5+ again, WTF?!? I am trying to keep a low EC at the moment, 0.2 or less, but I can't do this whilst having to add so much nitric to bring it down, as of course this then forms lots of nitro based salts and the EC goes up!

Anyone any ideas, or should I start a new topic? I think I should start a new topic :stoned:!

Later, 420 peeps ',;~}

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Hi Chile Head,

I've just found something from GHE that may well suit you, it's a fungal & bacterial inoculant specifically for hydro. It's called BioMagix and works with their BioFiltre, you maybe able to use just the powder on it's own :( . As the inoculant is tailored for hydro it's quite likely it won't contain any insoluble particles to clog up your system. I've never used it as I've never done hydro but maybe worth looking at, on the manufactures website they have a page showing some rancid roots and some protected by their mix.

Sorry if this is spamming :yep:

I think any recommendation from someone who has contributed to this site as much as you have dear felix, could never be construed as spam. You just don't have that salesman vibe about you! :wassnnme: