When To Stop N In Flower

Highflyer

B) Hi uk420 users, well ive a bit of a problem. Im flowering in my 3rd week 12 12 and are using the Bio-Bizz all-mix and nutes. I've noticed leaves going yellow and dropping every 2 days when i feed them. I think this is normal or i could be wrong? At the moment there on 1ml grow and 2ml bloom and 2ml topmax. Im growing from seed so there 11 week old and are showing flowers and lush green foilage. Im using my own feeding schedule as its the only way to learn plus the other grow schedule is for clones. Ive only found one problem which is i have to add epsom salts a few times. My leave tips are yellow so i asume im over doing it with the nutes as it looks like nute burn. Could anyone tell me when to cut out the Nitrigen "grow" or do i use all the way through flower or give 0.5ml or 1ml per litre of water? Any help would be gratefull.

thanks

Highflyer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Highflyer

• Bish

• G-Whizz!

• StyleGuru

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pics sorry, do know its nute burn i checked the faq and they look quite similar. Im just lost when im suppossed to stop N with Bio-Bizz, also should i be ferting every feed like i have been or lay off the N?

If you think it's fert burn, then drop the ratio some more :smoke:

I use Grow throughout 12/12 - though some vars find the regime a bit hot.

Im using my own feeding schedule as its the only way to learn

Let your plants tell you what they need or don't need :smoke:

Mr.Bishie your right about the plants telling you what they need and don't need. This is how i have learn't with it being first time organic. My plants are 2 1/2 feet tall and lush green with flowers spreading everywhere. Ive used LST for the first time and have about 8 to 12 colas per plant. If i use grow all the way through won't that affect the final taste? I thought they need to yellow up towards the end of there life for full flavour? Or is it best with bio-bizz as they recomend this. I'll post my diary with pics in a few weeks to see what people think.

If i use grow all the way through won't that affect the final taste?

Quite the opposite mate. Cut down the Bloom, & up the Grow in the last two weeks of 12/12. Cutting out the P & K & adding more N will give you a smoother tastier end product lol

I thought they need to yellow up towards the end of there life for full flavour?

When a plant starts to yellow it's being starved. My plants never yellow now toward the end of flowering.

I'll post my diary with pics in a few weeks to see what people think.

Look forward to seeing your organic grow pics mate :)

your right about the plants telling you what they need and don't need. This is how i have learn't with it being first time organic.

I've been growing organically since i started, just over 2 years now (i think :smoke:) & i've just about grasped the concept - to the relief of OT :smoke:

I now add 1ml of Maxicrop +Fe to my feeding regime (every other feed), as i was swamped with Fe defs - why i don't know. It's about finding a balance, knowing your plants requirements, & letting them tell you want they need or don't need. It comes with experience, but also knowing the var you're growing inside out ;)

I just thought i'd add to this post with a few picture's so any comments wellcome.

Im using bio-bizz soil and all there nutes.

post-109-1082919143.jpg

Edited by Highflyer

Lookin' good mate ;)

One suggestion - The plants in the first pic showing their lower half - maybe trim all those spindly airy branches off, & let the plants concentrate on fattining up their main colas? :ninja:

Guest lazlo woodbine

highflyer, are you using 2 pots in the pic?? - nice way of re -potting without increasing floor space!

The plants on the first pic has a lot of spindley branches but i only left them so i don't shock them. Should i just take 4 to 6 branches every 2 days or is this to much?

cheers

The plants on the first pic has a lot of spindley branches but i only left them so i don't shock them. Should i just take 4 to 6 branches every 2 days or is this to much?

cheers

Yes i use the method of double my pots, the top pot is 3 gallon and the bottom 2 gallon to finish flower. This way take's the transplant shock away.

Will taking the spindley branches off stress the plant in any way i hope not as ive took quite a few off, it felt like taking the poor soul's life. There's nothing worse than hacking at them when you care so much for them. Look at me they sound like my kids....Ha